Remove any section by clicking it's corresponding [X]. When ready, click here to print.
Daniel C. Summerlin III | President and Principal
- Administrative and Regulatory
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- White Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
[X] Daniel C. Summerlin III practices in the firm’s Environmental Law, White-Collar Crime, Commercial Litigation and Labor and Employment Law Sections.
Dan has represented management and municipalities in cases involving a wide array of criminal, environmental and employment issues. His practice has included litigation in state and federal courts, representing clients before state and federal agencies, as well as counseling clients on important managerial decisions covering the environment and employment matters. In addition to environmental law practices, and employment law, Dan also represents clients in commercial litigation matters in state and federal court.
He’s a contributor to Woods Rogers’ annual Labor and Employment Seminar series.
A Roanoke native, Dan returned to the area upon earning his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina and law degree from William and Mary.
- Woods Rogers Names Daniel C. Summerlin III President
- Eighteen Woods Rogers attorneys named by Virginia Business as “Legal Elite”
- Daniel Summerlin talks to the Virginia Talk Radio Network’s Sportsline about the complexity of the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement and what it means to the Adrian Peterson case.
- Thirty-five Woods Rogers Attorneys Recognized as 2015 Best Lawyers in America
- 2013 Legal Elite
- 35 Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Selected in Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Best Lawyers in America® 2013
- Legal Eagles
- Roanoke Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 8th District Disciplinary Committee
- Environmental Law Section
- American Bar Association, Member, Environment & Natural Resource Section; Criminal Section
- Society for Human Resource Management, National