Woods Rogers PLC has been serving clients in Virginia, and beyond, since 1893. More than 75 attorneys at Woods Rogers represent 19 practice areas and more than 100 related services. In 2016, the firm was ranked as the 9th largest law firm in Virginia by Virginia Lawyers Weekly. Based in Roanoke, Woods Rogers has additional offices in Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Richmond, and Danville. We are proud of our history of community involvement and our reputation as one of the oldest, most experienced, and most respected firms in the Commonwealth.
Woods Rogers seeks attorneys who are interested in a lateral career move and associates who have reputations for strong client service and who demonstrate innovation in their legal practices. We also seek energetic and talented staff members in administrative and paralegal roles. Support staff plays a top role in the teamwork of helping Woods Rogers provide high quality client service.
If you are interested in this position, please call x7534 or email: email@example.com by 2.27.2018.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Our law firm is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join its accounting department in the Roanoke office. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 2 years of experience in accounts payable
- Understanding of accrual accounting, general ledger and basic financials
- Ability to analyze and balance general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts
- Experience using an enterprise level accounting system
- Proficiency with Excel
- Capable of clear, concise and professional communication both in writing and face to face
- The personal capacity to add positive energy to the work environment
The successful candidate must be comfortable with the repetitiveness of the monthly work while at the same time proactive in bringing forward ideas as to how processes, work flows might be improved. The individual needs to be tenacious with follow up and constantly vigilant in regard to details. He/she must be able to self-manage a demanding workload with the support of a collaborative and supportive team.
Duties include the receipt, review, coding and posting of invoices, expense reimbursement requests and corporate credit card transactions. Post processing includes scanning of records. Also includes vendor setup, management and 1099 production.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Ideal candidate will have significant experience in commercial real estate transactions; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; must be detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills. Knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment required; at least five to seven years commercial real estate paralegal experience required. Title policy review experience, work with UCCs; experience with ProForm software helpful but not required. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 540.983.7711.
Summer Associate Program
The Woods Rogers Summer Associate Program gives law students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in different areas of the law while working under the guidance of some of the top attorneys in their fields.
The Summer Associate Program includes a wide range of social activities so that summer associates can interact with our attorneys and one another outside the work environment. The Roanoke area offers a rich variety of festivals, concerts, museums, and outdoor activities such as boating, kayaking, hiking, and rock-climbing.
In selecting summer associates, the firm seeks energetic, creative candidates with high academic achievement, including participation on law review, moot court, and trial advocacy teams. Other factors considered are a strong employment background, excellent interpersonal skills, leadership potential, and commitment to civic and community involvement.
Woods Rogers is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefit and pay packages include:
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, prescription, vision and dental benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Retirement benefits, including 401(k) with company match and profit sharing plan
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing on first day of employment
- Life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Free parking
- Eight paid holidays annually
- Employee Assistance Program
Voluntary benefits include:
- Additional life insurance
- Individual disability insurance
- Critical illness and cancer coverage insurance
- Short-term disability insurance