Woods Rogers PLC has been serving clients in Virginia, and beyond, since 1893. More than 75 attorneys at Woods Rogers represent 19 practice areas and more than 100 related services. In 2018, the firm was ranked as the 7th largest law firm in Virginia by Virginia Lawyers Weekly. Based in Roanoke, Woods Rogers has additional offices in Charlottesville, Lynchburg, and Richmond. We are proud of our history of community involvement and our reputation as one of the oldest, most experienced, and most respected firms in the Commonwealth.
Woods Rogers seeks attorneys who are interested in a lateral career move and associates who have reputations for strong client service and who demonstrate innovation in their legal practices. We also seek energetic and talented staff members in administrative and paralegal roles. Support staff plays a top role in the teamwork of helping Woods Rogers provide high quality client service.
The following positions are open at this time. If you are interested in any of the positions listed below, please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or fax to 540.983.7711. Woods Rogers is an equal opportunity employer.
Summer Associate Program
The Woods Rogers Summer Associate Program gives law students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in different areas of the law while working under the guidance of some of the top attorneys in their fields.
The Summer Associate Program includes a wide range of social activities so that summer associates can interact with our attorneys and one another outside the work environment. The Roanoke area offers a rich variety of festivals, concerts, museums, and outdoor activities such as boating, kayaking, hiking, and rock-climbing.
In selecting summer associates, the firm seeks energetic, creative candidates with high academic achievement, including participation on law review, moot court, and trial advocacy teams. Other factors considered are a strong employment background, excellent interpersonal skills, leadership potential, and commitment to civic and community involvement.
Benefit and pay packages include:
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, prescription, vision and dental benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Retirement benefits, including 401(k) with company match and profit sharing plan
- Paid Time Off that begins accruing on first day of employment
- Life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Free parking
- Eight paid holidays annually
- Employee Assistance Program
Voluntary benefits include:
- Additional life insurance
- Individual disability insurance
- Critical illness and cancer coverage insurance
- Short-term disability insurance