Jane Harrell is Woods Rogers’ Senior Land Use Planner. She uses her significant land use and planning experience to support the Real Estate and Land Use practice group in achieving our clients’ land use objectives, with a specific focus on zoning and site plan matters.
For over 34 years, Jane has managed and facilitated hundreds of land use cases in the Richmond area. Her extensive experience leading planning projects for local governments enables her to assist clients in navigating the complicated and often challenging real estate development process, and she can provide insights into how to streamline the zoning at site plan processes. Throughout her career, Jane has worked closely with elected and appointed officials, developers, land use professionals, and community leaders on a wide array of development projects, including some of the most complicated and controversial projects in the Richmond area.
Jane’s experience in real estate zoning and planning includes:
- Supervised and participated in land use cases and monthly zoning hearings
- Participated in ordinance and comprehensive plan amendments
- Managed zoning case reviews in coordination with county departments and state agencies
- Assisted in drafting a countywide comprehensive plan
- Managed review of zoning cases, commercial site and subdivision/parcel division plans, and permits
Jane has a Masters in Urban and Regional Planning from Virginia Commonwealth University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Mary Washington.
Lawyer case results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each case. Case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future case undertaken by the lawyer.