Accounts Payable Specialist
Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join its accounting department in the Roanoke office. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 2 years of experience in accounts payable
- Understanding of accrual accounting, general ledger and basic financials
- Ability to analyze and balance general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts
- Experience using an enterprise-level accounting system
- Proficiency with Excel
- Capable of clear, concise and professional communication both in writing and face to face
- The personal capacity to add positive energy to the work environment
The successful candidate must be comfortable with the repetitiveness of the monthly work while at the same time being proactive in bringing forward ideas as to how processes and workflows might be improved. The individual needs to be tenacious with follow-up and constantly vigilant in regard to details. He/she must be able to self-manage a demanding workload with the support of a collaborative and supportive team.
Duties include receipt, review, coding and posting invoices, expense reimbursement requests, and corporate credit card transactions. Post-processing includes scanning of records. Also includes vendor setup, management, and 1099 production.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer