Marketing & Business Development Specialist
Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black seeks a Marketing and Business Development Specialist to be located in our Norfolk, Richmond, or Roanoke Office to support the firm’s ongoing marketing, business development and strategic initiatives. This position works closely with WRVB attorneys, the firm’s marketing director and two regional marketing managers to enhance the firm’s reputation, visibility, and reach.
The successful candidate will be engaged in all firmwide marketing and business development activities, including but not limited to practice planning and development, brand management, marketing technology, digital strategy, marketing communications (internal and external), creative design, event support, sponsorship management, media relations, research, and budgeting.
- Reports to the Director of Marketing Business Development and works closely with attorneys practice groups, and the MBD team to deliver and implement marketing and business development plans.
- Assists with a wide range of strategic initiatives that support the firm’s marketing and business development infrastructure (e.g., website design/development, pitches and proposals, content generation, promotional inventory, vendor management, and the firm intranet).
- Directs creative design and production to ensure consistent firm messaging and brand management.
- Manages the firm’s social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram) and the social content calendar.
- Helps oversee the firm’s email marketing databases for distribution of thought leadership, firm news and events.
- Leads digital innovation in areas such as email marketing, firm-hosted webinars, video, and podcasting.
- Experience in the legal industry, professional services, or any highly regulated industry.
- Superior project management skills: execution-focused and able to drive complex projects to completion; independent and detail-oriented with strong time management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience developing and executing digital content strategies.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Experience with email marketing platforms, content management systems, CRM and knowledge management preferred.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working in the marketing and business development department of a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism/PR, Communications, Marketing, or related fields.
- Occasional travel (less than 10%) required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently to prioritize workflow and manage competing deadlines
- Must have a high degree of ethics and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be professional, courteous, and sensitive to the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Established through a merger in July 2022, Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black combines the forces of Woods Rogers, founded in Roanoke in 1893, and Vandeventer Black, founded in Norfolk in 1883. Now with more than 130 attorneys and from five offices across Virginia, we offer a deep bench and complementary practices to deliver enhanced legal counsel to our clients here and around the world.
Our law firm is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at every level. We strive to recruit, hire, promote, and retain a diverse team. Promoting diversity and inclusion among our lawyers and staff not only acknowledges and respects our differences but provides meaningful opportunities to connect, learn, and grow. We believe when our team members are engaged, we enable them to innovate and thrive.