Be the HR Hero When You Get Sued!
What really happens when you get sued? What kind of evidence is useful and what actions could hurt your company? After this session, you’ll have a better understanding of how your documentation and actions can make you the hero if your company gets sued.
The following topics will be addressed:
- How does an employment lawsuit begin?
- How can an employer defend its actions?
- How can you be proactive in building a defense?
- What are the best practices for documenting employment actions?
After this session, attendees should be able to:
- Identify what kinds of employment actions are more likely to lead to a lawsuit.
- Explain how to defend an employment action.
- Evaluate current employment documentation standards and policies.
- Create a plan to update policies and procedures as needed to conform to best practices for documentation.
Date: September 15, 2021
Organization: Shenandoah Valley SHRM 2021 Virginia Legal Forum