Experts now say it is no longer a question of “if” but rather “when” a cybersecurity incident will hit a company. In the blink of an eye, a single incident can bring down everything a company has worked hard to build.
When the stakes are this high, do you know who to trust?
Woods Rogers’ cybersecurity team—one of the first in Virginia—couples experience with knowledge of emerging threats.
- We advise companies of all sizes on cybersecurity, privacy, and cyber resilience issues.
- Our team assisted companies in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, and manufacturing, who were impacted by data breaches.
- We also counsel clients with international business on compliance with privacy regulations such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our team can use attorney-client privilege as a protective shield while we help you build your arsenal against cybersecurity threats.
The best defense for any company that holds secure data is a good offense.
Security requires more than defining roles and creating infrastructure. Good security practices require building a culture of awareness throughout your organization. From the boardroom to the reception desk, everyone within your company must work together to thwart threats. Whether you have a robust information security budget or your IT department is practicing design on a dime, we know how to help.
From helping design an information security program to crafting the right policies and procedures to fit your organization, our cybersecurity team brings experience to data protection and preparedness. Our cybersecurity team assists with:
- Incident response planning
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures, including “bring your own device” policies
- Retention of cybersecurity experts and vendors
- Customized tabletop exercises, training, and breach simulations
- Cybersecurity insurance review and counseling
- Record management and information infrastructure
- Risk management, including privacy and supply chain
- Assessing cybersecurity risk in mergers and acquisitions
- Payment Credit Industry (PCI) Compliance
- Vendor contract management
- Cybersecurity assessments
- Regulatory compliance, including obligations under numerous federal, state, and international laws
Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Executive and Board Training
Responsibility for cybersecurity and data privacy is now an enterprise-wide issue.
Executives and board members are in leadership roles because they are adept at managing a company through significant challenges. Today, a data breach is not only a concern for the CISO or the CIO, but for the entire company. Every director and officer must understand the fundamentals of both cybersecurity and privacy. Companies with dedicated cybersecurity and privacy strategies have a competitive advantage in this new age. Our executive and board training, designed specifically for your company, is the first step.
For more information on Woods Rogers’ Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Executive and Board Training, please complete the request form.
Information Request Form
Cybersecurity Rapid Incident Response
We are a team that can act quickly on local, national and international levels when time is of the essence. When you are in the midst of an incident, every moment counts. From breach notification requirements to working with law enforcement and notifying the media, we know how to help. We’re ready with 24/7 support and counseling.