Our Tax attorneys have a wealth of experience and expertise representing individuals, corporations, nonprofit organizations, and other business entities in civil and criminal tax litigation, as well as in administrative tax controversies. We handle tax audits and tax collection matters at the federal, state, and local government levels.
Woods Rogers’ Tax group includes attorneys who have earned post-graduate degrees in taxation, and the group’s chairman is a former trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice Tax Division.
Woods Rogers regularly represents clients before administrative and judicial forums such as:
- Internal Revenue Service Appeals Division
- Local Virginia tax departments
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims Appeals
- U.S. Tax Court
- Virginia Tax Commissioner
- Virginia trial and appellate courts