Woods Rogers is proud to serve an industry that builds our future. With comprehensive legal services for public and private contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, sureties, and other construction professionals, the attorneys in the Construction practice group operate as an extension of your team. We help clients understand all areas of construction law, including advising public and private owners on contract formation, applicable laws and regulations, and contract disputes and claims.
If disputes arise, we guide you through litigation and claims arising between the owner and the project contractor, the project design firm, or both. We have represented a wide range of private and public owners, including universities, colleges, school boards, airports, public service authorities, multi-family housing entities, cities, towns, and counties, and have litigated hundreds of claims involving breach of contract and construction defects.
We offer counsel for:
- Bond claims (Miller Act and Little Miller Act)
- Construction contract formation, advising, and negotiations
- Construction dispute resolution (mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts)
- Construction litigation
- Debt collection
- Federal and state False Claims Act representation
- General business advising
- Mechanics’ lien representation
- OSHA advising and representation
- Professional liability
- Prosecution and defense of design professional malpractice claims
- Public procurement representation (federal, state, and local)
- Resolution of state licensure, building code, and environmental liability complaints