Woods Rogers handles the full range of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and employee benefits issues.
We monitor the changing regulations related to employee benefits and are able to help our clients address retirement plans and welfare plans—including profit-sharing, 401(k), defined benefit, and ESOPs—as well as fiduciary liability, and taxation of employee benefits. We also provide expert counsel in Section 457 plans for tax-exempt organizations and non-qualified deferred compensation plans. Our attorneys can advise and assist employers with insured and self-insured health plans, life insurance plans, cafeteria plans, and dependent care plans.
Our ERISA Labor and Employment attorneys defend employers, plans, insurers, and third-part administrators in class actions, breach of fiduciary duty actions, Department of Labor investigations, and litigation related to health, welfare, and pension benefits. In addition to defending ERISA and employee benefits cases, we counsel employers and fiduciaries in anticipation of litigation about employee benefits issues.
- IRS Announces Another Compliance (Audit) Pilot Program. Oh joy!
- Clarifying CARES Act Rules for COVID-19 Plan Distributions and Loans
- DOL Issues Final Regulations on Electronic Disclosure Safe Harbor for Retirement Plans
- Cafeteria Plan Relief in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus and the Law)
- Employee Benefits Plans Timeframes Extended (Coronavirus and the Law)