The Insurance Defense attorneys at Woods Rogers work with insurance companies and their insureds, and self-insured businesses to provide comprehensive and efficient litigation services. We are involved in cases from pre-suit analysis and investigation through the appeal process and are experienced in a full range of civil liability perils and exposures. Woods Rogers also represents insurers and insureds in coverage disputes.
We work with clients in the following industries: architecture/engineering, construction, healthcare, heavy equipment distributing, hospitality, law, manufacturing, retail trade, transportation, utilities, and the wholesale trade. Our attorneys have represented hundreds of clients in a broad range of insurance matters. Our goal is to help our clients achieve practical, fair, and equitable resolutions of their disputes. We recognize litigation can be complex and costly so we also pursue early dispute resolution where appropriate. Often, mediation is the best method to resolve disputes at any point in litigation and we readily engage in mediation when necessary. If trial is the appropriate way to resolve a case, we are prepared to take the case to trial.
Here are a few examples of successful insurance defense cases we have handled:
- Represented engineering and architecture firms in professional liability claims, including Fair Housing Act Claim.
- Represented insurer and its insurers in workers’ compensation claims.
- Represented law firms in professional liability claims.
- Defended a hospitality resort in personal injury and premises liability claims.
- Represented insurers against an equitable subrogation claim brought by another insurer.
- Defended a manufacturer in a personal injury claim alleging liability for the criminal act of an employee.
On occasion, there are also instances where we are engaged to represent individuals, corporations, and insurance companies on damage claims for personal injury, wrongful death, or property damage.