The Public Finance practice group of Woods Rogers handles general obligation and revenue bond financing for cities, counties and towns; tax-exempt leasing; industrial development bonds for manufacturing facilities, multi-family and single family housing, 501(c)(3) facilities and other eligible facilities; and all related matters.
Over the years, the firm has represented:
- Municipal issuers
- Issuing authorities
- Conduit borrowers
- Corporate trustees
- Bond purchasers
- Remarketing agents
- Issuers of letters of credit
- Liquidity providers
This broad experience gives the firm sensitivity to the concerns of all parties involved in a bond issue and enables the firm to more effectively represent a client in a particular transaction.
The firm has participated in structuring and document preparation and review for a broad range of publicly offered and privately placed bond financings, including:
- Governmental purpose financings (both general obligation bonds and revenue bonds)
- Financings for manufacturers
- 501(c)(3) financings for colleges, hospitals and other charitable organizations
- Multi-family and single-family housing issues
- Issues for a wide variety of other conduit borrowers
We have been involved in both private placements and public offerings. While the bulk of the firm’s public finance practice has involved tax-exempt bonds, we have also participated in a number of taxable issues.