Our strength is in the depth and breadth of our attorneys’ knowledge and expertise. Our cross-disciplinary team collaborates to provide creative solutions and substantial value in positioning you and your business for growth and success in a constantly evolving, complex legal environment.
The attorneys in the Securities group at Woods Rogers offer a spectrum of corporate and securities services to a variety of business entities, ranging from entrepreneurs seeking counsel on business formation and capital-raising, to private equity firms requiring assistance with portfolio companies. We offer counsel to publicly-traded companies seeking representation in public offerings of debt and equity securities and general advice on regulatory and compliance matters. Our attorneys provide counsel to senior management, boards of directors, and the committees of public and privately-held companies in connection with corporate governance matters.
We work closely with in-house counsel, boards of directors, and senior management to provide sophisticated and timely counsel that leads to informed decision making and compliance with federal and state laws. Working side-by-side with you allows us to provide creative and comprehensive advice tailored specifically to your needs in an efficient and effective manner.
Our services include the following:
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered public offerings of equity and debt securities, corporate combinations, exchange offers, secondary offerings, and offerings by selling shareholders
- Preparation, review, and filing of all periodic and current reports required by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Review and approval of press releases and earnings releases
- Coordinating the preparation of proxy solicitation materials for shareholder meetings, including proxy statements
- Maintaining compliance with New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and NASDAQ listing requirements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private placements of debt and equity securities
- Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE)
- Venture capital and private equity transactions, including equity offerings and mezzanine financings
- Advising on the structure of executive pay and equity compensation plans and programs
- Section 16 reporting and compliance matters
- Counseling boards of directors to help them fulfill their fiduciary duties and responsibilities in connection with a range of transactions
- Preparing policies, governance guidelines, codes of ethics, and other internal compliance policies and programs
- Litigating all manner of claims that arise out of federal and state securities laws