Branding is an important ingredient in helping businesses succeed, and the trademark used by a business to develop brand awareness are often key factors on the path to success.
A trademark can be a word, name, symbol, logo, sound, color, or combination thereof used by a business to identify its goods or services and to distinguish it from competitors. All businesses have some trademarks eligible for protection, whether they are simply the name of the business, its logo, or an advertising slogan that the business uses to differentiate its products or services in the minds of its customers.
Woods Rogers attorneys help clients in choosing, protecting, and enforcing trademarks. We are available to assist businesses in:
- Performing intellectual property audits
- Conducting and reviewing trademark searches
- Preparing and prosecuting trademark applications
- Implementing trademark policing programs
- Representing clients in trademark infringement lawsuits