There are both personal and financial aspects of working with clients to plan their estates and trusts. We approach our work with an understanding of the family issues involved and the conviction to accomplish the client’s intent.
Our Trusts and Estates attorneys work with clients and their advisors to determine estate planning goals and implement a plan to accomplish them. We also work with business clients to address succession planning, tax planning, and filing tax returns.
Our services include:
- Advance medical directives
- Business succession planning
- Charitable giving techniques and strategy
- Estate planning
- Gift and estate tax returns
- Gift tax planning
- Powers of attorney
- Probate processes
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Trust modifications and terminations
We assist with setting up appropriate structures to manage assets during an individual’s lifetime, as well as arranging for the transfer of assets to chosen beneficiaries. We provide counsel on making charitable gifts through private foundations and other gift-giving vehicles, and on resolving estate and gift tax issues at the examination and appeals levels of the Internal Revenue Service or through litigation, if necessary.
Our experience also includes:
- Creating estate planning documents to formalize a client’s estate planning intent
- Representing parties in the formation, expansion, purchase and/or sale of their companies
- Providing counsel on the administration of estates and trusts
- Representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in will contests and contests involving trusts
- Representing financial institutions and other clients in matters involving fiduciary duties and obligations
- Supporting businesses and individuals in situations that have local, state, federal, and international tax implications
Trust and Estate Administration
In our comprehensive estate administration practice, we provide fiduciary services to trustees and executors, while working closely with financial advisers.
We assist clients with the following services:
- Filing probate and administration petitions
- Distributing estate and trust assets to named beneficiaries
- Preparing federal and state fiduciary income tax returns and personal income tax returns
- Preparing estate and gift tax returns
- Resolving creditors’ claims
- Submitting mandatory reports to courts