Our Trusts and Estates attorneys work with clients and their advisors to determine estate planning goals and implement a plan to accomplish them. There are both personal and financial aspects of working with clients to plan their estates and trusts. We approach our work with an understanding of the family issues involved and the conviction to accomplish the client’s intent.
The attorneys in our Trusts & Estates practice group have years of experience in drafting trust and estate documents for clients including advance medical directives, wills, powers of attorney, and revocable and irrevocable trusts. We also work with clients to address business succession planning, tax planning, and filing tax returns.
We assist with setting up appropriate structures to manage assets during an individual’s lifetime, as well as arranging for the transfer of assets to chosen beneficiaries. We provide counsel on making charitable gifts through private foundations and other gift-giving vehicles, and on resolving estate and gift tax issues at the examination and appeals levels of the Internal Revenue Service or through litigation, if necessary.
Our experience also includes:
- Creating estate planning documents to formalize a client’s estate planning intent
- Representing parties in the formation, expansion, purchase and/or sale of their companies
- Providing counsel on the administration of estates and trusts
- Representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in will contests and contests involving trusts
- Representing financial institutions and other clients in matters involving fiduciary duties and obligations
- Supporting businesses and individuals in situations that have local, state, federal, and international tax implications