The Information You Share With Us
When you interact with Woods Rogers Vandenter Black on our website as a member of the public, you may be invited to share personal information with us so we may provide you more specific details about our services. In addition, we may automatically collect certain anonymized information about your interaction with our website in order to improve our website experience. You can learn more about the information we collect below.
- Making an Inquiry Using a Fillable Form or Registering for an Event. You may interact with us by utilizing a fillable form on our website. When you utilize that form, we may request and collect the information you share about yourself, including your name, email address, phone number, and your physical address. We use this information to provide you more information about the event or services you are interested in. You may also share details such as dietary requirements when registering for an event (which may reveal information about your health or religious beliefs).
- Email Alerts. You may also ask to receive news alerts or publications from Woods Rogers Vandenter Black. When you sign up for this information, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, and phone number. We use this information to provide you the communications you request or additional communications we think might interest you.
- Payment Information as Part of Event Registration. When you register for and purchase a ticket for one of our seminars, either we or our third party event payment processor may ask you to provide your name, company name, address, email address, and phone number in addition to certain other payment information in order to process your payment.
- Information Your Website Visit May Communicate To Us. Like most websites, Woods Rogers Vandventer Black collects certain information automatically about your visit. This information may include internet protocol addresses (IP addresses), the general location where your device is accessing the website, the browser type you use or similar system information, and some other information regarding the history of the pages you may view within the website. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server or to administer our website. You can control how cookies are used through your browser settings and other tools. This information is used in the aggregate to understand visits to our website.
- Social Media. If you interact with us on one of our social media platforms, we may retain such communications and information contained in them as part of our social media presence.
- Job Applications. If you apply for a job with us, we may also ask you for additional information about your educational background or other information relevant to your potential employment.
When you interact with us as a client, after having established an attorney-client relationship with us, you may be asked to also provide additional information with us as a part of our attorney-client relationship. This information may include:
- Identification or Contact Information that may be used to identify you, such as your name, gender, and employment information. In addition, depending on the nature of the services to be provided, you may be asked to provide a passport or other government identification data with us.
- Financial Account Information as a bank account information, invoicing information, know your customer (KYC) information.
How We Use This Information
- Our Information Usage Based on General Use of Our Website Or Online Presence. When you provide information to us, we process that information in order to fulfill your requests. The information generated when you simply explore our website is utilized to improve the functionality of our website.
- Our Information Usage Based on an Established Attorney-Client Relationship. If we have an attorney-client relationship with you, we utilize the information you share with us to provide legal services to you.
In addition, certain laws require that we share who we have shared your information with over the last 12 months. As a part of our general business operations and like many other businesses, we utilize vendors to support several of the legal services we provide. We have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes with our vendors in the last 12 months:
- Vendors who maintain or service accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, processing payments, providing marketing or advertising services, and providing analytic services. As a part of providing services on behalf of Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black, our vendors may need to process your personal information (such as your email address or your payment information) in order to fulfill a service you have requested from Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black.
Your Privacy Rights
Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black does not sell your personal information to any third party.
Certain countries and states have privacy laws that provide certain rights for individual consumers. For example, in California, residents have the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells.
You may also have the right to ask about the information Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black may have collected about you through your interactions with Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black. You may also request that Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black modify, update, change or remove information you have previously provided. You may also ask us for a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you. To do so, please utilize the contact information listed below.
We retain the information you share with us for as long as we need to in order to provide you the services you request. We also retain other data generated by you (i.e., data generated when you browse our website) in a depersonalized or aggregated form in order to help us improve users’ experience on our website. We may also retain your information for a reasonable period of time for Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black to conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or other legitimate business interests.
Under certain laws, we are required to share with you our legal basis or business purpose for processing the personal information you share with us. We have attempted to specifically designate those legal bases or business purposes where applicable in this policy. In addition, we may also process your personal data under the following additional scenarios:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests; and
- Where you may have also given consent for a specific use.
Under California law, we cannot discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. It is also important to note that you can enjoy Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black’s website without providing personal data to us.
If you desire to submit a verifiable consumer request to us or to exercise your California privacy rights with regard to the information you may have shared with us, please contact us. In order to verify your request, you may need to provide us with proof of your identity including, for example, a copy of your driver’s license. Under California, law, a consumer may also designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you utilize an authorized agent, we may require you to submit proof that the agent acts on your behalf.
You may reach us via email at email@example.com or toll-free at (800) 552-4529. Please ask to speak to our privacy practice leader.
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.